What makes this pound cake the BEST? It's because I made up the recipe all by myself! And guess what? It's absolutely plate lickin' GOOD!
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
8 oz cream cheese - room temperature
3 sticks of butter - room temperature
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 eggs - room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup milk - room temperature
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Preheat your oven to 350˚F. Use Pam baking spray to prepare a 10-inch tube pan.
2. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder into a large bowl.
3. In another large bowl beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
4. Add the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating on medium-high speed until the batter is light and fluffy [this will take about 2-5 minutes]
5. Adding the eggs one at a time, mix by hand into the batter until just incorporated.
6. Mix in the milk, vanilla and almond extracts.
7. Stir in the flour mixture, one cup at a time until just incorporated into the batter.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes [or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle].
9. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Completely remove the cake from the pan and allow to cool completely before serving.
If you make this pound cake, I'd love to hear how it turns out & see pics! Tweet me @iNIKSCOTT or Facebook me @LHDCtv.
share this post on FACEBOOK & TWITTER